Historical Society of the Phoenixville Area

204 Church Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460

hspa@verizon.net   610-935-7646

www.hspa-pa.org   or   www.phoenixvillehistoricalsociety.org




Taverns and Inns

Bull Tavern in a 1960s photo although the original structure goes back to 1734

Bull Tavern, 1970s

Bull Tavern, Sentry Lounge c 1960s

Canal Tavern Port Providence (Fitzwater Station)

Columbia Hotel

Fountain Inn c 1940s

Fountain Inn

General Pike Hotel c 1905

The General Pike Hotel, shown above, was demolition in 1994.  The General Pike Inn was built in 1808 by John Morgan in honor of General Zubulon Montgomery Pike, a hero of the War of 1812 and the man who discovered Pike's Peak in Colorado.

Phoenixville Country Club, 1940s.  It opened in 1915.

Mansion House c 1890s

Mansion House Hotel 1970s

Mansion House 1980s

Pennsylvania House Hotel

Phoenixville Country Club, 1930

Phoenix Hotel, about 1900.  It was torn down in 1949.

Phoenix Hotel c 1905

Phoenix Hotel, Main & Bridge Streets, c 1910.  It was built in 1836 by the Phoenix Iron Co.

Washington Hotel, an early photo

Kimberton Country House c 1960s

Val-Rio Diner

Trio Diner Interior c 1960s

Kimberton Inn interior

Click to return to Top of Page