Historical Society of the Phoenixville Area

204 Church Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460

610-935-7646   hspa@verizon.net

www.hspa-pa.org   or   www.phoenixvillehistoricalsociety.org






 

 


Phoenixville Old Photos, Part II
 


Trolley Bridge over Perkiomen RR Line at Rt.724, c 1915


Memorial Junior High School, built in 1930 and converted into Samual K. Barkley Elementary School in 1964


1893 Athletic Association football team


1906 High School track team


B'nai Jacob Synagogue


Old photo of the Chester Hotel


Christian Science Church


Church Street School built in 1860


Daily Republican Building


Entrance of the old St John's Lutheran Church


First Fire Apparatus - 1874


Grimes AME Church


High Street School built in 1889


Holy Ghost Greek Catholic Church


J. William Sigman, photographer


Jefferson House Hotel


The Mason Street School was built in 1875.  It was at Nutt Road and Mason Street.  It served as a school from 1877 to 1983. 


McCabe Brothers - Eagle Scouts 1949


Old Grandstand in Washington Field


Otterbein United Brethren Church, Mont Clare


Phoenixville's 1924 football team


Pennsylvania Hotel


Phoenix Military Band  c. 1890.  The band was organized in 1847.


Phoenix Military Band c 1910. 


Phoenixville High School cast of a 1908 play


St. Michaels Greek Catholic football team in 1920


Squire Charles H. Howell


St. John's Reformed Church


Sts Peter & Paul Ukrainian Church


Tug and Dredge on Schuylkill Canal


Union Club 1912 football team


Union Club 1915 football team


Old photo of Paddy Doyle's School


Paddy Doyle's School


Bridge & Main Streets, 1920's


Byrne Knitting Mill


Church Street School built in 1860


Corner of Bridge & Main Sts., turn of the 20th Century


Cullen House, Hall & Main Street


Davies' Perseverance Knitting Mill


Delivery Truck built in Phoenixville


Heine Boiler Corp


Phoenixville Hook & Ladder Co.


GAR Symbol


Laying Trolley Tracks, Bridge & Main Streets


Looking North on Main Street from Church Street


Old Borough Hall on Church Street


Pennsylvania RR Station


A photo of the temporary wooden bridge that was built on piles between Phoenixville & Mont Clare.  It replaced a covered bridge that was constructed in 1844 that burned on May 9, 1915.  It was replaced by a new bridge in April of 1917.  That bridge was subsequently replaced in 1997 with the current bridge.


Phoenixville High School that was built in 1958


Phoenixville High School c. 1905


Click to return to Top of Page